Wednesday 2 January 2013


Hi my name is Annabelle and I’m underweight.
If I told you that Karen Carpenter (who was anorexic) had a BMI of around 15.4, and I then told you that I had a BMI of 15.9. What would you think?

I know what you would think – You would think I’m anorexic too, but I’m far from anorexic, I eat normally and I never gain a pound.

Since I was fifteen I have wanted to gain weight, I noticed in my mid-teens that I was smaller, frailer, weaker and my body shape was different. I listened to people tell me “You will gain weight soon – it’s just a matter of time, enjoy your slim figure”.
With the New Year approaching I made a deal with myself that this was the last year that I would let my body be as underweight as it is. It isn’t healthy and it’s definitely not attractive.

This blog will document my attempt to gain weight – and the challenges I face discovering the reasons why my body repels weight gain. The Goal: 12 pounds in 12 months
Here is some information about me.

  • I am 22 years old
  • I weigh 6 stone exactly (84lbs)
  • My height is 5ft 1
  • My BMI is 15.9 (Far off the 18.5 minimum recommended)
  • Ethnicity: Peruvian/ Hispanic
  • Nationality: British

(I have noted my ethnicity because Latin American women are not identified for being skinny, but rather for their curvy figure.)

As a skinny girl, here I am starting a blog about my desire to gain weight. I hope this makes people realise that having a skinny and slim figure does not equal happiness, and a healthy body weight should always be the goal. Here is my journey to achieving it.

(Here are some pictures - for you to get an idea of my frame and size)

                                                                   

 
Full Body Shot

 
Skinny Arms

 
Skinny Shoulders

 
Arm Measurement (8 inches)

 
Thigh measurement (15 inches)
 
 
Below are the measurements of my best friend Jess
She is a healthy UK size 8/10, US 4/6  (Example of Not healthy (me) vs. Healthy (she) )

 
Arm 9.5 inches

 
Thigh 19 inches.






 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Actually to obtain more accurate arm and thigh measurements, one must measure the upper arm at the midpoint between the acromion bone and the elbow, and the halfway point between the top of your thigh and your knee. You're doing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are familiar with the extras that you're going to add. I if I were you, leave your body the way the Creator has planned it to be for He can see the future of what is to come. Like my body, i need very little sustaining my body for being skinny and I'm happy with it. I don't want friends or girlfriend well maybe later if we are still around but I'm free, there's nothing or no one criticises me, we'll maybe there is, more than I now or even realise but me in my own created world, everyone wants to enter into and I'm happy shearing it. Be what you are mend to be. Forget the world, there is much more important things to think of at this point of view as we know it.

    ReplyDelete